ITIN New & Renewal

If you need to file a federal tax return, but are not eligible for a Social Security Number, then you must obtain an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) from the IRS. This may sound simple at first, but the ITIN process can be incredibly complex without proper guidance. For example, if you have not used an ITIN on a tax return in the last three years, then you’re legally required to renew your ITIN before filing a new return. 

Certifying Acceptance Agent

Our Houston tax experts at Rubio & Son make the ITIN process significantly less complicated and stressful. Rubio & Son is a Certifying Acceptance Agent authorized by the IRS to verify the original identifying documents for primary and secondary ITIN applicants. This means you do not have to send your original identification documents to the IRS if you choose these services. Whether you need to apply for an ITIN for the first time, or need to renew it, our tax professionals are here to help.

Schedule your tax and bookkeeping consultation today!